Private Equity Business Unit:
- Throughout the last couple of years AI has managed to build-up a risk balanced portfolio with investments spread over 3 vital sectors
- Due to the recent political events in Egypt, which has hit the valuation of companies way down its fair values. Hence AI pinpointed an opportunity to establish a PE fund to benefit from the low market valuation.
- AI’s strategy in this unit is a value added Strategy which entails:-
- 100% control or majority
- Growth Capital, turn around or roll-up
- Core competency
- Optimize Business Model
- Financial Restructure
- Corporate Governance
Nahda Oil & Gas
- Nahda Oil & Gas was established in 2008 to implement projects in the fields of power, gas and water in anticipation of increasing demand for project finance activities in the region.
- AI acquired 75% of the Company through a capital increase in 2009.
- With all of its investments being low to moderate risk, AI has decided to invest in Nahda Oil & Gas as the vehicle to implement high risk/high return projects , with the aim of diversifying the risk nature of its investment portfolio.
- Nahda Oil & Gas entered into a Concession Agreement for Petroleum Exploration and Exploitation covering the Ghazaliyat Area near Assiut in 2009.
- Nahda Oil & Gas owns an 80% participating interest in the Ghazaliyat Concession and its partner "Ras El Kheima Gas" owns the remaining 20%, and is the Operator.
- In December 2010 Nahda Oil & Gas initialed 2 investment projects with the Ministry of Petroleum for the implementation of 2 modular-refineries projects, to be located one in Hurghada and the other in Aswan.
- Nahda Oil & Gas has entered the second exploration phase of the Concession Agreement.
- In light of the recent shortage of domestic supply of crude oil, Nahda Oil & Gas is seeking alternative solutions to enable the implementation of the modular-refineries .
- Nahda Oil & Gas is seeking new opportunities to develop IPPs, modular refineries, and downstream related activities both locally and regionally.