Kahromika operates as a mechanical and electrical construction company. The company also engages in the fabrication of steel structure and industrial buildings, tanks and cement sailos, welded steel pipes and flue gas ducts, and transmission and communication towers. In addition, it manufactures non standard spare parts and machine parts. Further, the company offers construction of power plants, substations and networks, industrial projects, pumping stations, and underground cables. It serves sugar and chemical industries, foundries, paper factories, irrigation and sewage treatment, pumping stations, and petrol projects and refineries. The company has a workshop in Mostorod, Egypt. Kahromika was founded in 1971 and is based in Giza, Egypt.
From 1971 till today, Kahromika has improved itself to be the major electro-mechanical contractor in Egypt, through its extensive participation to most of the projects in the power generation, transmission and distribution. After approximately 40 years of valuable history, Kahromika become today the solution to achieve the formula of success; competitive cost and high quality in the required time. For the previous reasons most of the international companies recommend Kahromika to be their partners in Egypt and Middle East.
- The Egyptian government has a very ambitious growth plan for the energy sector in which Kahromika will continue to play a key role.
- The coming years will witness the construction of the first solar energy station to be located in Aswan and a new hydropower station in Assiut.
- The Egyptian Supreme Council of Energy has put in place a plan to generate 20% of the country’s electricity requirements from renewable energy sources by 2020 thus is aiming at increasing wind energy capacity from 522 megawatts in 2009/2010 to 5,410 megawatts by 2020.
- Kahromika is currently involved in the implementation of 70% of Egypt's new electrical power capacity expansion projects.
- With a backlog of 18 to 24 months, Kahromika was not affected by the repercussions of the January 25th, 2011 revolution.